Where Can I Find a Practicing Naturopathic Doctor?
Naturopathic Doctors are able to work in a wide variety of health care institutions. Here are some of the most common places:
- Outpatient, non-emergency facilities
- Private practice, or in a group practice
- Specialized fields such as women’s health, pediatrics, internal medicine, and more
- Hospitals and clinics that include integrative medicine programs
- Working alongside MDs, DOs, DCs and other medical specialists, co-managing patient cases as part of a integrative medical team
- Primary Care practices
Within the last couple of years, patients have also been able to access Naturopathic Doctors through telemedicine. Naturopathic Doctor visits online have given patients of all ages the ability to access naturopathic consultations, diagnoses, and treatments from the comfort of their own home on their own time. The evolution of telemedicine is a wonderful asset for Naturopathic Doctors who want to reach a wider patient base, providing evidenced-based natural treatment therapies online.
What Does Naturopathic Care Involve?
NDs use a blend of traditional and conventional therapies to manage a wide variety of health conditions. Many of the therapies recommended by NDs help support the body’s innate self-repair capabilities. Rather than simply treating a patient’s symptoms, Naturopathic Doctors look for the underlying imbalances and root causes of ailments. Then they are able to determine what is truly necessary to support, and thus rebalance, the body’s natural healing processes. Some methods employed by NDs include targeted lab testing, nutrition counseling, botanical medicine, homeopathic treatments, hydrotherapy, and minor surgery.